Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Healthcare in South Korea - Summer 2020
- GPA: 2.5
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior in good academic standing
- Open to All Students
The program does NOT include A-State Tuition and fees. A-State tuition and fees will be charged separately to your student account after you enroll in the course linked to the program. Some of the fees associated with on-campus courses might be waived.
Registration and payment of tuition and fees for the course are the same as any A-State course and must be paid according to the schedule set by the Registrar.
* The program fee is tentative and based on enrollment, airline fees, and currency exchange rate at the time of program development. Should program enrollment be less than 10 students, exchange rate or, airline fees increase significantly, the program fee may need to be modified.
All participants must sign up for the courses; no one may come on the program without taking the course.
Students who wish to apply for any form of financial aid for Study Abroad must take the following steps:
- Complete FAFSA for the academic year
- Meet with their Financial Aid Counselor to discuss financial aid eligibilities.
- Schedule an appointment with the Study Abroad Director to create a Financial Aid Budget Sheet. Using the budget worksheet, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will determine financial aid award based on the student’s cost of attendance and eligibility.
All A-State students applying for study abroad are required to complete the A-State general study abroad online application and submit any related materials. Applications are accepted and processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited. Apply early.
In this 10 day program, you will spend time exploring local hospitals to understand healthcare in South Korea, while also getting the chance to visit a Nursing School there to understand the different teaching styles of healthcare. While abroad, you will also get to visit some of the most popular cultural destinations, such as the Gyeongbokgung Palace, Namsan Seoul Tower, the War Memorial of Korea, along with others!
Dates & Deadlines
Program dates: June 11th - June 20th, 2020
|Application Deadline||December 1st, 2019|
|Non-refundable deposit $500 due||December 1st, 2019|
|Withdrawal Deadline - Deposit fee is non-refundable after this date||December 9th, 2019|
|First payment due - $1300||January 15th, 2020|
|Final balance payment due||April 17th, 2020|
|Submit completed Post Acceptance forms||May 8th, 2020|
|Permit issued for student to enroll in program courses||March 16th, 2020|
|HP 3413||Cultural Competence in Health Professions|
Estimated cost: $3,770
|Make secure online payments by clicking here|
|Includes||Does Not Include|
|Roundtrip airfare from Memphis to Tokyo
||A-State tuition and fees|
|Breakfast Meals at Hotel||Textbooks|
|Welcome Dinner||Most lunch meals|
|A couple of lunches
||Passport application/ Visa (if applicable) fee|
|Access to All Cultural Experiences||All Dinner meals (except welcome dinner)|
|Transportation to and from experiences and visits||Study Abroad Administrative fee|