The Richmond-Haydar Memorial Scholarship for International Students was created by family and friends of the late Dr. Mossie J. Richmond, Jr., former vice president for Student Affairs, and the late Dr. Afak Haydar, former director of International Programs.
Dr. Richmond and Dr. Haydar played instrumental roles in the internationalization of the ASU campus during the 1980s and 1990s. Understanding the need to recognize and reward international students for academic achievement, the scholarship is awarded to an undergraduate and a graduate student who demonstrate achievement and leadership both inside and outside the classroom.
2015-2016 Eligibility Requirements
- Must be an international student with visa status of J, F, or H.
- Undergraduate students must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA and at least 30 completed credit hours at ASU-Jonesboro. Current semester hours do not count toward the 30 hour requirement.
- Graduate students must have a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA and at least 9 completed credit hours at ASU-Jonesboro. Current semester hours do not count toward the 9 hour requirement.
- Applicants cannot have studied at any U.S. institution here or abroad other than ASU-Jonesboro.
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously received the scholarship.
Application deadline is Friday, March 13, 2015. All required documents must be in the office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs by 5:00 p.m.