The Customer Service Procedures of the Student Affairs Division at Arkansas State University-Jonesboro is the foundation for all staff interactions with constituents including students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
Principles & Standards
Customer First Outlook
- We will listen, be courteous, and treat customers with dignity and respect.
- We will actively seek to understand customer needs in order to serve them right the first time and every time thereafter. Contributing to student “run-around” will not be tolerated.
- We will deliver high quality service that meets or exceeds needs and expectations.
- We do not discriminate and offer the same quality of service to all regardless of age, race, sex, nationality, educational background, physical limitations or any other criteria such as attitude.
- We will ensure all interactions and transactions with customers of the University will be considered confidential and will be discussed only in a professional context. Staff should remember that discussion of confidential customer issues should be limited to non-public areas.
- We will respond in a timely manner to customer questions/concerns. All customer inquiries will be responded to within 24 hours (or 48 hours during peak periods including the two weeks prior to and after the start of the fall semester) of the original request.
- We will designate a key customer service contact in each department. This person will listen to the problem, find a solution, and follow-through if the contact needed is unavailable.
- We will take the initiative to identify problem situations up front and propose workable alternatives.
- We will acknowledge our mistakes, apologize when appropriate, and do our best to prevent the same mistake in the future.
These are general customer service principles and standards to be utilized by the Student Affairs Division as part of the annual evaluation process for all Student Affairs employees.
How are we doing?
Your feedback helps us know what's working and what needs to change. Please take a moment to complete the survey.