Welcome to Arkansas State University!
Thursday, 10:30 – 12:00 noon
- Culture of On-going Assessment (Evidence-Based)
- Diversity: Making it Strategic at all Levels
- Civility on Campus
- How Do WE Improve the Quality of Advising at ASU
- How Can We Help Make Jonesboro a Great College Town?
- A Funded Strategic Plan: Setting Priorities and Avoiding Unfunded Mandates
- General Education Goals & Requirements
- Institutional Identity & Distinctiveness
- How Can We More Effectively Integrate the Alumni Office in the Academic Areas?
- Increasing Critical, Sustainable Support for ASU Dealing with Effects of Increasing # of International Students
- How Do We Deal with Waste Disposal and Recycling For a Growing Student Population?
- How Do We Connect Dots of Retention/Assessment Planning?
- Tuition Waivers and Increased Stipends for Graduate Students
- Finishing Liberal Arts Building by End of 2011
Thursday, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Optimize the Use of Space For Academics, Research & Support - Everything We Do Providing/Facilitating Faculty Development Opportunities & Support
- Teaching Students to Become Contributing Alumni
- Cost of Higher Education
- Put Students 1st in All Decisions on Campus
- Considering Needs of Diverse Students, Staff, and Faculty including International
- Make ASU Greener
- How Do We Optimize Safety on Campus?
- Lack of a Genuine Interest In or Support of the Education of Students in Art, Design, Art History, and Art Education
- Faculty/Staff Workload: How Do We Creatively Allow Faculty/Staff Time to Do Things Important to Us, While Still Maintaining Instructional Mission?
- Develop a High Standard for Expectations and Conduct For All Students, Employees, and Affiliates of the University
- How Can the Tenure Process be a Helpmate to Faculty to Develop Their Strengths in More Effective Ways?
Thursday, 2:30 – 4:00pm
- What Can We Do to Secure New Sources of Funding for University Needs?
- Do We Want to be an Online University?
- Student Health Services in Orientation and Later - Just 2 Nurses for 1000 students (Int'l)
- How Do We Keep Teaching, Research and Service in Balance and Reward Excellence in Each?
- How to Make ESL/Inter. Students More a Part of the Univ. Community
- Resources & Faculty Salaries
- Community Engagement & Service Learning
- Lack of Intuitive Processes for Paperwork and Descriptions Entered in Banner
Friday, 9:00 – 10:30am
- How Do We Plan to Ensure Both Faculty/Staff Have Competitive Compensation Packages
- Preparing all ASU Students with Multi-Lingual & Global Citizenship Skills
- Revolutionize General Education
- Growing Research and Scholarship at ASU
- How to Better Prepare Students for College Learning/Quality Teaching Models: Sharing & Learning From Each Other Between Colleges
- Collaboration Between Colleges/Departments to Position ASU as National Leader in Multidisciplinary Disaster Preparedness Education
- Removing the Stigma "Excellence is NOT a Geographic Phenomenon"
- Statistical Literacy and Statistical Education on this Campus
- Effective Faculty Evaluations for Multiple Delivery Methods
- University-Wide Undergraduate Recruitment Using Robotics
Friday, 10:30 – 12:00 noon
- Developing/Enhancing Interdisciplinary Academic Programs
- Organization Values/Taking Shared Governance to the Next Level -> Culture
- How to Involve Our Students More Into Translating Knowledge into Practice - Policy Health Reform
- How Can We Increase the Marketing/Profile of ASU in the Recruitment Process of New Faculty?
- Multicultural Programming & Co-curricular Activities
- Where Does the Athletic Department Fit in the University Mission?
- Team Work Among All Departments
- Develop Campus Arboretum
Friday, 1:00 – 2:30pm
- Resolving Faculty Staffing Shortage
- How Do We Recruit & Retain Quality Faculty & Staff
- Develop Comprehensive Campus Master Plan
- Adequate Support: Operating Budgets, World-Class Faculty, Staff - to Fulfill the Missions of the Departments-Colleges-University
- The Importance of Maintaining and Preserving Collections for Future Generations
- Develop Opportunity for Staff Research Projects
- A Long-Term Vision for ASU: Who Are We? Who Can We Become?
Friday, 2:30 – 4:00pm
- Honors Undergraduate Education
- Support of Faculty/Staff for Each Other
- How Do We Get Them, Keep Them, and Support Them
- Is There A Need for Special Training for Faculty/International Students?
- ASU Museum - Interdisciplinary Common Ground; Ambassador to Public