Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
The sixth annual Create @ STATE: A Symposium of Research, Scholarship & Creativity will be held on April, 2016 in the Student Union. Create @ State provides an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to present original work in a professional setting.
2015 PLENARY SESSION AND LINKEDIN PHOTO BOOTH
Free Lunch, Free Professional Headshot and LinkedIn Consultant at Create @ State!
We have a special professional development opportunity for all A-State students on April 7 at Create @ State!!
Get established with LinkedIn for your professional student experience and introduction to the workforce!
Join us for a free lunch (for the first 100 attendees) in the Heritage Lounge of the Student Union (in front of the Auditorium), April 7, 12:00 Noon, and then join us in the Auditorium at 12:30 pm for our plenary session with Wayne Breitbarth, LinkedIn expert and author of The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success. Come in your professional attire and have a free professional headshot photo made for your LinkedIn profile! (Pictures will be taken from 10:00 am -12:00 pm and 2:00 pm-5:00 pm at our LinkedIn photo booth in front of Centennial Hall.)
Wayne Breitbarth will deliver expert advice and tips for using LinkedIn as an A-State student in his plenary session:
The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Special College Student Edition
- Use your unique student experience and existing relationships to harness the full power of LinkedIn
- Begin developing a strategy for how you can most effectively use LinkedIn to find your first great job or internship
- Create a compelling profile that will allow employers to find you
- Successfully search for potential employers, alumni, etc.
- Join and use groups to network with the right individuals