At Arkansas State University, it is our privilege to assist military and veteran students in taking advantage of the numerous educational opportunities made available through the Montgomery GI Bill® and other programs. We have programming for new, returning, and/or transferring students to our campus to make students aware of all of resources they may need to make their time at A-State beneficial.
If you have questions about VA benefits or other initiatives through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs please take advantage of on-campus Veteran Representative.
Veteran’s Representative: Mrs. Jamie Carmack Contact Info: 870-972-2478 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- She offers Veteran’s assistance with, but not limited to:
- Once you apply and get your Certificate of Eligibility, the hours will be submitted to the VA for payment processing
- Helping students apply for Chapter 30, Chapter 33/Post 9/11, Chapter 1606, 1607, and 35
- Evaluate Military credit for college credit
- Assist with kickers, which are paid to National Guard/Reserves
How We Assist Veteran Student Programs:
- Host a session during New Student Orientation to connect Military and Veteran students to our department.
- Provide a designated lounge space for Student Veterans to study, network, or just decompress. The Military & Veteran Student Lounge is located in the Reng Student Union Suite #2067.
- Offer engaging events specifically for Student Veterans such as the Veteran’s Resource Fair, Veteran’s Appreciation Day, and Veteran Student graduation.
- Provide a designated space specifically for Veteran and Military, or Military-Affiliated Students
- Provides a resource book to help veteran students transition and promote success while at A- State.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to assist with Veteran Student success.
- Provide campus wide Green Zone Training which informs the general public about the different struggles and triggers for Veteran, Military, or Military-Affiliated Students
- Provide Leadership training for those wishing to grow their leadership skills.
- Sponsor the Arkansas Student Veteran Organization for Veterans and Dependents.
Coordinator: Mr. Taron Robinson Contact Info: 870-680-4052 or astateMC@astate.edu