Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 6 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
Military & Veteran Services
Military Affiliated Student Programs
Through the Office of Multicultural Affairs, we present opportunities for military and veteran students to be active on campus. Our main goal is to assist veterans with campus life and student engagement. It is our responsibility to know the different on campus resources and departments available that help Student Veterans. We coordinate events such as
- Welcome Back Vets - Resource Fair
- Flex for Vets
- Greenzone Training
- Veterans' Day Recognition
- Veteran Graduation Ceremony (every spring semester)
- And etc.
We are very much active with the student group, Student Veteran Organization as they create a close network with other military affiliated students. Our goal is to provide engaging events to foster an active military student affiliated environment to keep these students engaged.
How we assist Veteran Students
- Host multiple sessions during New Student Orientation to connect Military and Veteran students to our department and resources
- Manages a designated lounge space, the Nontraditional and Veteran Student lounge, for Student Veterans to study, network, or just decompress. Located in the Reng Student Union Suite #2067.
- Provides a resource book to help veteran students transition to students, list local recreational locations, and restaurants overall promoting success while at A- State.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to assist with Veteran Student success.
- Provide Leadership training for those wishing to develop their skills
Coordinator: Mr. Taron Robinson
Contact Info: 870-680-4052 or astateMC@astate.edu
Additional assistance for Veterans by other offices as follows:
Veterans Representative: Mrs Jamie Carmack
Contact Info: (870)972-2478 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about VA benefits or other initiatives through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, please contact our on-campus Veteran Representative. She offers Veteran’s assistance with, but not limited to:
- Once you apply and get your Certificate of Eligibility, the hours will be submitted to the VA for payment processing
- Helping students apply for Chapter 30, Chapter 33/Post 9/11, Chapter 1606, 1607, and 35
- Evaluate Military credit for college credit
- Assist with kickers, which are paid to National Guard/Reserves
Beck Center for Veterans
Director: Mrs. Lynda Nash
Contact Info: (870)972-2624 or email@example.com
The Beck Center provides combat wounded veterans and their depends with first class educational programs and services. They provide resources for counseling, personal rehabilitation, advocacy, and financial assistance. They are located on the 1st floor of the Douglass Reynolds building. Their website is: https://www.astate.edu/a/beck-pride-center/