Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About ASU
Dr. Mary Jackson-Pitts
- PhD, University of Southern Mississippi
- MSMC, Arkansas State University
- BS, Arkansas State University
- Research Methodologies
- Multimedia Journalism
- Communication Theory
- New Media
- Theoretical Development
- Broadcast Journalism
- Broadcast Education Association
- Southern States Communication Association
- Western Social Science Association
- Southwest Educational Council
- PACES, Inc.
- Craighead County Single Parent Scholarship Foundation
- BancCorp South Community Advisory Board
- East Advisory Board Jonesboro School District
- Broadcast Advisory Boards for Paragould High School, Greene Co. Tech High School and Cave City High School
Dr. Mary Jackson-Pitts focuses her research on how new technology impacts media outlets and their delivery of content. She has published articles in a variety of publications and currently serves as the Mass Communication Section coordinator for the Western Social Science Association.
Dr. Pitts is an active member of the Southern States Communication Association where she serves as the Public Relation's planning coordinator and as the Mass Communication Division's Production Showcase Coordinator. She is a member of the Broadcast Education Association and recently presented research there. She works with local schools assisting them with content and technology support. She currently serves as president of the Jonesboro EAST advisory board and as a member of advisory boards for programs at the Health, Wellness and Environmental Studies magnet school in Jonesboro. She also works with programs at Cave City High School, Paragould High School, and Greene County Tech High School.
Dr. Pitts teaches courses in traditional and multimedia journalism, research methods, theory of mass communication, documentary and corporate media productions. She currently administers the AstateTV youtube channel. Dr. Pitts is a board member of PACES, Inc, Craighead County Single Parent Foundation and the BancCorp South community advisory board. Dr. Pitts has been a faculty member at ASU since 1988.