Information Services librarians teach numerous for-credit courses each semester.
LIR 1011: Introduction to Academic Research
These one credit, half-semester course teaches students strategies for effective information research, including:
- Becoming familiar with all resources the Library has to offer, and learning how to use them effectively
- Formulating search strategies
- Information literacy
- Evaluating all types of tools available for searching
- Evaluating information found on the web for accuracy and validity
- Selecting the appropriate resources
There is no prerequisite for the course.
These classes are taught in two two fully wired classrooms, both equipped with smart boards, ceiling-mounted projectors and student workstations for hands-on learning.