Retrieval of Pre-1980 Journals in Storage
The Dean B. Ellis Library is pleased to offer retrieval of pre-1980 journal volumes from storage.
An online Journal Retrieval Request Form is available to current ASU students, faculty, and staff. A print version of the form is available at the Library's Circulation Desk.
- Ordinarily a volume will not be retrieved if it is available online. To avoid delay, please check the Journals Catalog to see if the needed article is available online before submitting a Journal Retrieval Request Form. If an article is available full-text online but you need the print volume retrieved, indicate why in the "Notes/Comments" box on the request form. For example, "Print copy of article needed for scanning of color illustrations."
- Requests received prior to 9:00 a.m. Monday through Friday will be retrieved that day.
- Requests received after 9:00 a.m. will be retrieved the following retrieval day. There will be no retrieval on Saturdays, Sundays, or days the campus/Library is closed.
- Retrieved volumes will be available for pickup at the Circulation Desk after 1:00 p.m. on the day of retrieval.
- Most volumes will be held at the Circulation Desk for up to two weeks.
If more than ten volumes of a single journal are needed for class or research purposes they can be retrieved from storage and placed on browsable shelves on the second floor for specified periods up to a semester in length. Contact Linda Creibaum (email@example.com) or April Sheppard (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss requests of this nature.
If a volume cannot be retrieved the requestor will be notified so they may submit a request for the needed article(s) via Interlibrary Loan.
For a complete list of the journal titles in storage click here (Microsoft Excel spreadsheet).
To submit a journal retrieval request online click here