What is Tegrity and how does it work?
Tegrity Campus is a fully automated lecture capture solution used in traditional, hybrid, 'flipped classes" and online courses to record lesson, lectures, and skills. Its personalized learning features make study time incredibly efficient and its ability to affordably scale brings this benefit to every student on campus. Patented search technology and real-time LMS integrations make Tegrity the market-leading solution and service.
Features for instructors
- Record from anywhere, anytime, with or without an Internet connection. The Tegrity Recorder will work whether there is an active Internet connection or not, making it easy for instructors to record anywhere, anytime, whether in the class or sitting on the quad.
- Unmatched ease-of-use. Simply click to start recording, and click again to pause or stop. The recording is then uploaded to the right course automatically, for only those students enrolled in the course to view.
- Capture audio, screen and video. Tegrity captures synchronized audio, video and computer screen activity with a click of a button. As a recording is in progress, an audio signal meter in the Tegrity Toolbar indicates that audio is being captured at an appropriate level.
- Broadcast class live. If the instructor wishes, he or she can webcast their class live as it is being recorded. When students login to Tegrity, a “Live Now” indicator will let students know when a class is being webcast live.
- Make notes and annotations. Instructors (and students) can make private or public notes and annotations in the recording. Notes are associated with specific points along the recording timeline, and when clicked, take the viewer to that specific point within the recording.
- Connect with students through Tegrity Connect. Instructors can use the Tegrity Connect chat feature to hold virtual office hours for students, or provide assistance outside of class hours as desired.
- Remotely proctor exams. Tegrity’s Remote Proctoring feature can provide students the ability to take exams remotely, while ensuring the integrity of the exam results. A webcam and microphone records the student taking the test, as well as all their screen activity. The recordings cannot be paused, and are uploaded for instructors to review at up to 8x speed.
Features for students
- View from anywhere, anytime, on just about any device. View recordings on a PC, Mac or mobile device using a standard web-browser. Tegrity’s intuitive interface with a detailed timeline and associated thumbnails make it easy to find exactly what you are looking for.
- PowerNotes™ takes note taking to the next level. Take notes live in class or during review with PowerNotes. When your instructor says something you want to go back and review, simply click a button in the PowerNotes™ interface to insert a Bookmark that, when clicked, will take you back to that exact point in the recording.
- Print what’s presented in class. Whatever your instructor presented in class can be printed, and your instructor doesn’t even have to upload the document or file. Tegrity automatically creates high-quality printable slides for each chunk of content presented in class.
- Download a podcast or MP3 version of the recording. If your device doesn’t support streaming, or you won’t have a network connection available, recordings can be downloaded as podcasts, enhanced podcasts or MP3 files.