The ITTC Faculty Center has recently renovated its computer lab to serve the faculty of Arkansas State University better. The lab is a Master Classroom, with state-of-the-art technology installed to enhance the teaching experience.
The Master Classroom has dual capabilities, with half the space dedicated for computers and the other half dedicated for a multi-function classroom.
Master Classroom has three sections. They are:
The Master Classroom is equipped with:
- 18 Dual boot Macs and 13 PCs
- NEC HD Projector with 116”x65” for computer space
- SMART Board, an interactive whiteboard system, for the classroom space
- Laptop-friendly tables that can be rearranged for activities in the class
- TruLink 40 Watt Amplifier
- 5 6” Ceiling Speakers, placed throughout the Master Classroom
Equipment for the Presenter:
- Spectrum Medium Lectern
- 2 Apple TVs
- 2 Mac Mini Computers with Wireless Keyboard, and Mouse
- Samsung Digital Document Camera
- Rearrangeable tables and chairs according to the need and priorities
- Smart Board for presentation
- Apple TV connection
- White Board
- Mac and Windows computers
The Master Classroom is designed to complement the mission of the ITTC Faculty Center. We are here to “provide instructional design tools, best practices in teaching and learning, and professional development by using researched pedagogical practices”.
The activities the Master Classroom is designed to provide includes, TED Talks, Book clubs, weekly faculty meetings, workshops, and blackboard classes too.
You can learn more about the Master Class by visiting us during Open Labs, or attend a variety of sessions provided by the Faculty Center. The ITTC Faculty Center SCHEDULER has more information on classes offered and how to register for them.