Security Awareness Training Program
- Arkansas State University has licensed a new security awareness training system called Securing the Human. This program will provide new training videos on various security topics that affect the University, and these will be released about every four months.
- Our goal is to provide up-to-date and relevant information on various security topics that pertain to different areas of network and user security, best practices, and general awareness. With this training, we hope to provide useful information to our users so they are more aware and more prepared to deal with many of the security issues we encounter on a daily basis.
Current Schedule of Videos:
- Introduction video
- You are the Target
- Social Security Numbers
- Social Networking
- Data Security
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act: Education (Recommended)
- Hacked (Recommended)
- Upon completion of the videos, which average about 3-4 minutes each, there will be a short 3-question quiz on what was covered in the video. You will have about 4 months to complete the video training sessions for each phase.
- In each phase after you have completed all the videos and quizzes, you will receive an e-mail containing a link for your certificate of completion.
- We hope to do this about every 4 months, where we release several videos on different important security issues that affect Arkansas State University.
- We are currently working on getting Single Sign-On setup for the Securing the Human site so that it can be accessed through the MyCampus page, and no longer requires a different password from your ASTATE account.
If there are any topics you would like to see covered or have any questions or concerns, please direct them to the training administrator Doug Florczyk, e-mail: email@example.com.