The Termination Workflow should be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the last work day for all employees leaving the University except for the following:
- Faculty who are teaching two or more consecutive semesters
- Overload Assignments
- Employee transfers - the new department should complete the Assignment Change Form.
Employees, Non-Employees, and Privatized Employees
- Return all university-owned property (including keys and ID card) to your supervisor as early as possible prior to your last day of work.
- Submit all leave time.
- Pay off any travel advances and/or other outstanding balances online or at the Cashier's Window.
- Payroll Services will not release your last pay check until Items 1, 2, and 3 are completed.
- Contact Human Resources for any questions regarding continuation of benefits through COBRA.
Department Initiators and Supervisors
- Ensure employee has returned all university property and submitted their leave time.
- Initiate the termination workflow via myCampus.
- Click on the Workflow icon in the Quicklaunch channel.
- Under User Profile, click on My Processes and the ASU_TERMINATION_PROCESS link.
- Review, complete, and approve the workflow.
- The operating procedure is accessible online.
- The user guides are accessible online.
- Upon receiving the email notification for the employee's termination, Human Resources will begin the process for terminating benefits.
- Payroll Services will calculate the vacation payout for eligible employees who have accrued annual leave. This payout cannot exceed 240 hours or the balance in the employee's annual leave account, whichever is less. The check will be issued within 30 days of completing the checkout process.