Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance may be purchased in increments of $25,000, up to $250,000, based on annual salary.
- This coverage is also available for spouse or children.
AFLAC provides insurance policies that can be used to help with those out-of-pocket expenses not covered by existing major medical coverage of U.S. consumers.
Three supplemental plans are offered for Arkansas State University employees:
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity
- Specified Health Event
Employees may purchase coverage for themselves.
For more information, please contact your Human Resource Representative at 972-3454.
Employees may choose to purchase supplemental cancer insurance provided by USAble Life. CancerCare Elite provides supplemental coverage when certain losses occur as a result of cancer or a covered specified disease. CancerCare Elite pays directly to the insured, regardless of other coverage.
Two optional dental plans are available through Blue Cross/Blue Shield Dental:
High Plan monthly rates: (BCBS Dental Plan - High)
- $39.58 for individual coverage
- $82.72 for employee plus one spouse
- $79.50 for employee plus child(ren)
- $124.12 for full family coverage
Low Plan monthly rates: (BCBS Dental Plan - Low)
- $26.90 for individual coverage
- $54.00 for employee plus spouse
- $50.75 for employee plus child(ren)
- $79.80 for full family coverage
Visit www.arkansasbluecross.com for the provider directory. Click on “Find a Doctor” in the left-hand menu. Select the "Dental Directory” radio button and click on the "Start Search" button.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This program allows full-time employees of ASU and their families to access St. Bernard's Counseling Center up to six times during a fiscal year without charge. Please review the brochure for more information.
Flexible Benefits Plan (Section 125)
Participation in this plan is voluntary and enables employees to tax shelter a portion of their income to pay insurance premiums or to redirect money into a spending account that can be used for family medical expenses or child care.
In addition, Third Party Insurance premiums, owned by the employee, may be tax sheltered through your 125 Plan. For example, if you purchase cancer insurance with a carrier outside of the University, these premiums can be sheltered.
NOTE: Effective January 1, 2011, expenses for over-the-counter medications will no longer be reimbursable, unless prescribed by a physician.
Visit http://www.tasconline.com/ for more information.
Long Term Disability
We provide Long Term Disability through CNA. The offer flexible coverage at affordable premiums. To learn more about the plan options, log in to the CNA website using the password: ASULTC
Short Term Disability
Voluntary Short Term Disability protects your income in case of disability due to sickness or accident outside the workplace. This Voluntary Short Term Disability Income Program pays benefits for covered non-occupational injuries and illnesses. Maternity, alcoholism, drug addiction and mental/nervous conditions are covered the same as any other illness.
Supplemental Life Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance may be purchased by the employee in increments of $25,000, up to 5 times annual salary with a maximum of $250,000. Please contact Human Resources at 870-972-3454 for rates.
Supplemental Dependent Life Insurance – Effective January 1, 2012
New Supplemental Life Option for Spouse & Child
Spouse life insurance
- up to $50,000 – purchase in $5,000 increments
- Guaranteed Issue at $25,000
- Rates are based upon employee age
Child Supplemental Life Option
- $5,000 or $10,000
- Age 19 or 25 if a full-time student
- $1/month for $5,000
- $2/month for $10,000
Vision Insurance is provided by VSP (Vision Service Plan).
Your Monthly Contribution
- Employee Only - $7.90
- Employee + Spouse - $14.68
- Employee + Child(ren) - $14.96
- Employee + Family - $22.68
Doctor Network - VSP Choice
Well Vision Exam
- focuses on your eye health and overall wellness
- $10 copay - every calendar year
- $10 copay
- every calendar year
- Single vision, lined bifocal, lined trifocal lenses and scratch coating
- Polycarbonate lenses for dependent children
- every other calendar year
- $130 allowance for a wide selection of frames
- 20% off the amount over your allowance
Contacts (instead of glasses)
- every calendar year
- Up to $60 copay for your contact lens exam (fitting and evaluation)
- $130 allowance for contacts
Laser Vision Correction
Average 15% off the regular price or 5% off the promotional price. Discounts only available from contracted facilities.
Customer Service: 1-800-877-7195