Rules and Regulations
- Homecoming candidates may be nominated by any registered student organization. Organizations prohibited to nominate a candidate include the Core Leadership Groups: Student Activities Board, Student Government Association, IFC, NPC, NPHC, Wolftracks Yearbook, Volunteer ASU, and Orientation Leaders. All other student organizations may sponsor no more than two (2) nominees; one King nominee and one Queen nominee. Each candidate may submit up to two (2) headshots in a .jpeg format on a CD labeled with the candidates first & last name. This headshot will be used to announce all candidates running for Homecoming Court & King/Queen on the Student Activities Board social networking sites. The nomination forms & Headshots are due in the Leadership Center no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, September 30, 2013.
- Each nominee MUSE HAVE AN ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY CUMULATIVE GRADE POINT AVERAGE OF 2.75 OR BETTER, (transfer work will not be counted) and have earned at least 60 hours, be a full-time student (currently enrolled in 12 hours or more), and be in good standing with the University (no academic or disciplinary warnings). Each person may only serve on the Homecoming Court once.
- The selection of the 2013 ASU Homecoming Court will be a TWO-STEP PROCESS. Homecoming Court representation will consist of an individual interview with the Homecoming Court Interview Committee and a collective vote from the entire student body. The top five male king nominees and top five female queen nominees will make up the Homecoming Court. The interview will carry a weight of 50 percent of the total points, while student vote will carry the other 50 percent of the total. The percentage breakdown will consist of 100 point system. The combination of the interview and the student body votes collectively will determine the 2013 Homecoming Court.
- Nominees will be contacted to sign up for an interview time in the Leadership Center after grades are verified on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 via their ASU email. The interviews will be held on Friday, October 4, 2013 in the Reng Student Union Board Room. All nominees must be interviewed to be eligible for the Homecoming Court. The interview will consist of a variety of questions relating to student involvement, scholarship, campus activities, and community service. The ideal nominee should possess qualities that represent the Arkansas State University community. No current students will be serving on the selection committee. Past Homecoming Court members may be permitted to serve on the committee. The overall selection of the committee will be supervised by the Assistant Dean of Students. Final approval of the committee is made by the Associate Dean of Students.
Court voting will occur online through the https://webapps.astate.edu/survasu/ student portal. Voting will begin at 9:00am through the https://webapps.astate.edu/survasu/ student portal on Thursday, October 3, 2013 and close at 9:00am on Friday, October 4, 2013. Online votes will be combined with the individual interview to determine the top ten 2013 Homecoming Court selections, five for King and five for Queen. Any ASU student with access to the in.astate portal can cast their vote. Each student has up to three votes for King and Queen. Each student is permitted to vote only once.
King & Queen Vote:
King/Queen voting will be held on Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 9:00am until 9:00am Friday, October 11, 2013. The voting process shall follow the same format as the first vote. The top male and female nominee from the court with the most votes will be selected as the 2013 Homecoming King and Queen. Each student is permitted to vote only once. Therefore the King and Queen selection will be solely determined by the Arkansas State University student body.
- There will be ten members of the Homecoming Court (five males and five females). In the event of a tie, scores from the interview process will break the tie.
- Homecoming Court will be announced to the student body Monday, October 7, 2013, at the Homecoming Step Show which begins at 7:00 pm at the ASU Convocation Center. Immediately following the Homecoming Step Show the Homecoming Court will come down to the Convocation Center floor for a brief meeting. This meeting is MANDATORY.
- Homecoming Court Practice will most likely occur on Friday, October 11, 2013, at Liberty Bank Stadium. The time and date will be confirmed during the mandatory meeting after the Homecoming Step Show. In addition, all expectations and details of the Homecoming Court on Game Day will be outlined during the mandatory meeting following the Homecoming Step Show.
- Campaigning: Court Campaigning will officially begin at 9:00 am on Wednesday, October 2, 2013. King/Queen campaigning may officially begin at 9:00 am on Tuesday, October 8, 2013.
Homecoming Court & King/Queen Campaign Rules and Regulations are as follows:
- Campaigning is limited to social media, chalking sidewalks, and free speech areas only.
- No signs or posters may be used to campaign. Displaying any form of campaign materials on buildings, yards, or windows of Religious Organization Buildings, Fraternity, and/or Sorority Houses is not permitted.
- All campaigning must take place 100ft from the Reng Student Union and Dean B. Ellis Library. No campaign materials or campaigning, verbal or otherwise, will be permitted in either of these buildings.
- Creating polling sites is strictly prohibited.
- By submitting this application you are giving the Leadership Center permission to verify your GPA and other information submitted within this application.
- All rules will be strictly enforced. Any nomination form that is not fully completed will be terminated and not be allowed to participate in the Homecoming Court Election Process.
**For more information please contact the Leadership Center at 972-2055**