While EHS strives to provide services and guidance in all areas of workplace safety compliance, there are some situations where outside expertise is necessary. A-State does not employ an Occupational Health Specialist and there are areas where that type of physician is necessary to meet safety, health and compliance requirements. If your job involves any of the following, then enrollment in medical surveillance may be necessary:
- Work with animals in research
- Work with blood or other potentially infectious materials from humans (or non-human primates)
- Work that requires the use of a respirator
Enrollment in medical surveillance is simple.
- Contact Environmental Health and Safety (email@example.com) to get started.
- Fill out the Medical Surveillance Form.
- Take the form to your appointment with Occupational Health Partners (EHS will help set up this appointment).
- Occupational Health Partners will follow up with you if any additional action is necessary (immunizations, consults with your personal physician, etc.).
Note that special training is required for any of the job functions that require you to be enrolled in medical surveillance. Please contact EHS for details based on your specific job requirements.