The Excellence in Diversity Awards recognize the outstanding work of our campus stakeholders who have demonstrated the highest commitment to enhancing excellence through diversity.
The three categories of awardees are:
Excellence in Student Diversity-Must be a current Arkansas State University student
Excellence in Campus Diversity-Must be a current Arkansas State University faculty or staff member
Excellence in Community Diversity-This awardee must have made an impact that reverberates throughout the community, delta region, state or country.
The following list is meant to be illustrative only:
- Developing innovative programs to enhance diversity and inclusion within an organization, department, unit or university
- Recruiting and retaining students, faculty, and staff from underrepresented groups
- Increasing the retention and graduation rates of students from underrepresented groups
- Providing mentoring/advising for students from underrepresented groups
- Providing mentoring for junior faculty and staff from underrepresented groups
- Developing and implementing learning activities that prepare students for a diverse and increasingly global society
- Integrating diversity into the curriculum
- Developing programs and activities that promote the development of multicultural understanding and cross-cultural competence
- Supporting research, service and scholarship in the area of diversity and inclusion
- Providing opportunities for the professional development of faculty and staff from underrepresented groups
- Developing activities that support partnerships with minority-serving institutions, visiting scholars and guest lecturers from underrepresented groups
- Implementing initiatives that create a supportive environment
Submit a letter of nomination that addresses how the nominee has demonstrated a significant commitment to enhancing diversity through one or more of the above-listed criteria. Additionally, the nomination letter should describe creative models, strategies or best practices used to enhance diversity and inclusion.
Contents of Nomination Packet
All nominations must include a cover sheet with the following information:
Letter of nomination from the nominator describing in detail why the nominee is deserving of the award (maximum of three pages).
Letters of Support
Letters of support (not more than three total) from faculty, graduate or undergraduate students, classified or non-classified staff, administrators, alumni or community members who work extensively with the nominee.
Description of the activities within the academic calendar year that illustrates the outstanding efforts by the nominee to enhance diversity and inclusion (three page limit).
The nomination and/or application materials are to be submitted to the Office of Diversity, P.O. Box 1500, State University, AR 72467 by April 8, 2016.