First, we need to download iTunes on your computer if you don’t have it already.
On your computer, go to http://www.itunes.com and click Download iTunes.
Enter your email address and click “Download now.”
iTunes will download on your computer.
When it is finished downloading, double-click on the iTunes icon on your desktop.
Second, let’s download a free app.
- Click iTunes Store (on the left side of the iTunes window), and pick your country by clicking the appropriate country flag located in the bottom-right corner of the main iTunes Store page.
- Click App Store on the top tool bar.
- We now need to download a free app. Scroll down on the right hand side until you see the free apps listed. Click on one of them. (Candy Crush Saga sounds like fun!)
- You will see this pop up box below. Click on Create Apple ID.
Third, let’s create that Apple ID! We are almost there!
You are now at the "Welcome to the iTunes Store" screen. Click Continue.
Select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to these terms and conditions."
Enter your email address, create your password, continue to create and answer your security questions, and then enter your birthday.
You can also enter an optional rescue email address.
Select None as the payment type.
Continue to fill out the required name and address fields.
You'll then see a "Verify your Account" screen. Click Done, and then check your email for an email from iTunes Store.
Open the email, and click the link in the email to activate your account.
5. Once you click on the link, the Apple ID website should ask you to sign in with your account name and password.
6. After signing in, you should see that your email address is associated with your Apple ID. A button labeled "Return to the Store" should appear.
7. Once you sign in, you'll then see the below "Congratulations" screen.
You did it! You now have an Apple ID!