Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About A-State
How to Prepare for a Career Fair
Preparing for a Career Fair
Before the Career Fair
- Research employers: Gather info as you would for a job interview.
- Decide what to wear: Professional is a must!
- Develop 30 second sales pitch: Name, class, major, relevant experience, highlights of skills and strengths, and knowledge of employer.
- Resume: Prepare resume and have it reviewed by Career Services staff.
- Print 25 copies of resumes and a couple copies of top three letters of recommendations along with a couple of transcripts.
- Know the answer to “What are you looking for at the Career Fair or Why are you interested in our company?
- Smile, strong handshake, and positive assertive attitude.
- Wear professional, comfortable attire.
- Be prepared, well dressed, pressed and clean.
During the Fair
- Sign in at registration table and pick up name tag, floor plan and additional info.
- Visit the booths of employers you want to work for first. Check others later. Prepare a few questions to ask employers.
- Collect employer information brochures, business cards, and other items needed for follow up.
- Make a lasting impression by stopping by booths a second time to shake a hand to say thank you. Create your own business card
After the Fair
- Write Thank You notes to employers you spoke with at the career fair.
- Evaluate your performance to determine strengths and weaknesses.
- Continue to conduct follow up.
Students who would like detailed information on the companies attending should log into their "Career Connect" account here: https://student.myinterfase.com/astate/student and use the employer search tab or use the Career Events tab to see the entire list of attending companies.