Our students are engaged in a wide range of academic pursuits that include degree programs in 160 undergraduate and graduate fields delivered by 11 different colleges.
- Campus Life
- About ASU
Arkansas State University is closed Friday, Dec. 6, 2013 due to inclement weather.
Final exams scheduled for Friday, December 6, 2013, will be rescheduled for Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at the previously scheduled time.
In addition to campus closing, the following events have been cancelled or postponed.
While the University is closed for inclement weather, the Acansa Dining Hall hours will be from 10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. All retail locations will be closed.
In response to the change of finals from Friday to next Wednesday, the residence hall closing deadline of noon on Wednesday, Dec. 11, is extended until Thursday, Dec. 12, at noon.
Stay tuned for more closure updates as they become available.
Broken in to three segments, this class will cover all your fitness needs. 20 minutes of heart pumping cardio - mixing it up with something different every class. 20 minutes of strength training, hitting every major muscle group hard. 20 minutes of in depth core strengthening and stretching. 60 minutes later your work out is done!
Challenging segments of cardiovascular work are combined with muscle conditioning and athletic drills for a hard-core workout.
Train the powerhouse of your body—intense focus on the muscles of the glutes, abs, and low back!
Based on actual boxing workouts, this class will have you jabbing, punching, and upper-cutting your way through some tough cardio and plyometric drills. Throw in some muscle conditioning along the way and you are on your way to a full body workout.
Learn the form and technique for the essential moves that are combined for other classes. Spend some time gaining the strength to do these correctly to get the most out of your workout – on your own or in another class. Learn to work out right!
You have seen the commercial now try the class. MAX interval training has been modified for group exercise classes. Participants are able to push to new training heights in a safe, challenging and results-driven experience.
Done in sets of three exercises – work two strength moves followed by one cardio. This class keeps your heart rate up while you feel the burn!
Add a new shape to your fitness routine with this class. If it is round you will use it in an old or new way in this strength training class. Join us to try your hand with the BOSU balls, Swiss balls, medicine balls and more!
A combination of Pilates, yoga, dance, plyometrics, athletic drills, and bare-foot training, this fusion class will get you sweating while working every muscle you have!
Ride your way through rolling hills, steep climbs, flats and sprints to make this cardio workout fly by. Bring water and a towel!
This intermediate/advanced class utilizes challenging segments of cardiovascular work, muscle conditioning, and other athletic drills in station format to ensure a complete total body workout.
A series of poses that combine flexibility, strength, power, and balance. This class provides an excellent and complete flexibility and toning workout.
Ditch the workout, join the party! Inspired by Latin and international music, you will move, groove, and dance to tone the entire body.
1. Please arrive on time to all classes. Not receiving a proper instructor lead warm-up can lead to potential health and safety risks. Participants arriving after the start of class may not be allowed to participate, at the instructors discretion.
2. For safety considerations, classes may be limited based on space and the availability of equipment.
3. Equipment is not allowed to be removed from designated fitness areas.
4. If you have health concerns, please consult a physician prior to attending or participating in our classes.
5. Work out at an intensity that is comfortable for your fitness level. Classes are not a competition – please work towards your own personal goals.
6. Please be respectful of the instructor and fellow participants by adhering to the routine of the instructor.
7. Participants are responsible for the security and safety of their personal belongings at all times.
8. Please come dressed in appropriate workout attire. The following shoes will not be permitted: Keds, sandals, boots, dress shoes, and/or shoes with marking soles. Also, jeans, khakis, or other dress wear will not be permitted.
9. Classes may be substituted and/or cancelled if attendance is consistently low. If the class participation falls below 3 participants for 3 consecutive classes, the class may be replaced or cancelled.
10. If there are less than 2 people in the class, the class is automatically cancelled for that day. If there are 2 or 3 people the instructor will give the class the option of running the class.
11. Audio equipment is for instructor use only.
12. During class times, the group fitness room is for use by the class only.