Summer Session I Group Fitness Schedule
Effective June 2 - July 2
ABs: Everybody want better abs! Strong abs helps contribute to overall core strength. This will work your abdominals by firming up transverse, oblique's, and rectus abdominis.
Butts & Guts: Train the weak links in your body—intense focus on the muscles of the glutes, abs, & low back to give you a solid powerhouse!
Cardio Box: Based on actual boxing workouts, this class will have you jabbing, punching, and upper-cutting your way through some tough cardio and plyometric drills. Throw in some muscle conditioning along the way and you are on your way to a full body workout.
Stress Blast: (Presented by the Counseling Center): Are you looking for an ACTIVE way to reduce your anxiety and your daily stressors? If so, join us every Tuesday for a NEW and DIFFERENT stress management program. Not only will you learn healthy ways to improve your mood and reduce your anxiety, but you will also be led in a 40 minute, high-energy interval training class. The “Exercise for Stress, Mood, and Anxiety” Group meets every Tuesday at the Red Wolf Center in the Group Exercise Room at 3:30 pm. For more information, contact Amber Martin at email@example.com
H.I.I.T: MAX interval training has been modified for group exercise classes. Participants are able to push to new training heights in a safe, challenging & results-driven experience.
Plyo Power: Leave the ground behind while you jump and push to a new level of fitness. Dynamic plyometric exercises push the limits of your strength, endurance, and power and take performance to a whole new level.
Spin: Ride your way through rolling hills, steep climbs, flats & sprints to make this cardio workout fly by. Bring water & a towel & be ready to sweat!
Total Body Tuesday: Boost your metabolism and sculpt your body in one class. Strength training that targets major muscle groups, while incorporating bursts of cardio for an all over body toning session.
Weight Worx: Strength train like you mean it! Its time to grab the heavy weights and really work those muscles. Expect strength gains, definition, and above all a great burn while you push your self to the next level.
WOLF Strong: This intermediate/advanced class utilizes challenging segments of cardiovascular work, muscle conditioning, and other athletic drills in station format to ensure a complete total body workout.
Yoga: A series of poses that combine flexibility, strength, power, & balance. This class provides an excellent and complete flexibility & toning workout.
Zumba: High-Energy and Calorie Burning. It's a cardio-fitness class that incorporates motivating music and easy to follow dance steps. This is a complete workout that will tone and sculpt your body. Join the party!!
Group Fitness Class Rules
1. Please arrive on time to all classes. Not receiving a proper instructor lead warm-up can lead to potential health and safety risks. Participants arriving after the start of class may not be allowed to participate, at the instructors discretion.
2. For safety considerations, classes may be limited based on space and the availability of equipment.
3. Equipment is not allowed to be removed from designated fitness areas.
4. If you have health concerns, please consult a physician prior to attending or participating in our classes.
5. Work out at an intensity that is comfortable for your fitness level. Classes are not a competition – please work towards your own personal goals.
6. Please be respectful of the instructor and fellow participants by adhering to the routine of the instructor.
7. Participants are responsible for the security and safety of their personal belongings at all times.
8. Please come dressed in appropriate workout attire. The following shoes will not be permitted: Keds, sandals, boots, dress shoes, and/or shoes with marking soles. Also, jeans, khakis, or other dress wear will not be permitted.
9. Classes may be substituted and/or cancelled if attendance is consistently low. If the class participation falls below 3 participants for 3 consecutive classes, the class may be replaced or cancelled.
10. If there are less than 2 people in the class, the class is automatically cancelled for that day. If there are 2 or 3 people the instructor will give the class the option of running the class.
11. Audio equipment is for instructor use only.
12. During class times, the group fitness room is for use by the class only.