A-State Closed on Jan. 16 due to winter precipitation.
Arkansas State University is closed today, Tuesday, Jan. 16, due to winter precipitation. All winter response staff members are requested to report to their duty stations.
Overnight, snow fall made conditions for students, faculty and staff hazardous.
"Our administrative team determined the snowfall was going to be heavier than forecast and while today was scheduled to be the first day of class for the spring 2018 semester, I've decided it is best that we cancel classes for today," Chancellor Kelly Damphousse said.
All classes at the Jonesboro and Paragould locations are cancelled. Online classes continue.
While offices and classes are closed, university residential life areas continue to operate to support the on-campus student population.
- The American Spiritual Ensemble will perform at Fowler Center's Riceland Hall tonight at 7:30pm.
- For students living on-campus, Acansa Dining Hall will operate under "brunch hours" with service from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and then 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- ETS testing candidates that were scheduled for today should contact the Testing Center in the Reng Student Union at 972-2038 when A-State reopens and they will assist with rescheduling.
- The Red WOLF Center will open today on winter weather hours of noon until 5 p.m.
- Dean B. Ellis Library is closed all day today.
For updates on A-State events, please check the university’s official website AState.edu or social media feeds, Facebook.com/ArkansasState or @ArkansasState on Twitter.