Military Personnel and Dependents
The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214's online:
NOTE: The DD 214 form is not online- the request form is. The good news is, this may shorten the time it takes to get a copy of a veteran’s DD214.
Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents.
Other individuals with a need for documents must still complete the Standard Form 180, which can be downloaded from the online web site. Because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC
has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records centers mailroom and processing time.
Veterans Van Service - Free Transportation to VA Memphis Hospital:
Tuesdays thru Fridays the Disabled American Veterans Jonesboro Chapter 26 provides FREE transportation for military veterans to and from the Veterans Administration Hospital in Memphis, TN. The service is not available on Federal holidays. For more information contact the Craighead County Veterans Service Office (CCVSO) at (870) 933-4598 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans must be ambulatory.
- Caregivers must present a letter from patient's physician stating that a caregiver is required.
- The DAV van is not wheelchair accessible and wheelchairs cannot be transported. (Canes and walkers are allowed.)
- The DAV driver and Veterans Administration are not responsible for any articles left on the van.
- Smoking is not permitted on the DAV van or within 25 feet of the vehicle.
- Additional DAV Van Drivers are needed. Contact the CCSVO to volunteer.
VA Van Service Schedule
Tuesday through Friday
Stadium Blvd & Highland Ave.
Turtle Creek Mall - Target
U.S. Hwy 63, Exit 29
Shell “C” Store
U.S. Hwy 63, Exit 12
VA Hospital Memphis, TN