Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) Commissions Five Army Second Lieutenants
Posing for family and friends following the commissioning ceremony were (from left)
2nd Lt. Corey Jackson, 2nd Lt. Denver Disotell, Lt. Col. Cecil L. Clark, Brig. Gen. Patricia Anslow,
2nd Lt. Nathaniel Cumming, 2nd Lt. Luke Hansen, and 2nd Lt. Caitlin Marshall.
JONESBORO -- Arkansas State University’s Department of Military Science commissioned five Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) cadets as second lieutenants in the U. S. Army during a ceremony in the Convocation Center auditorium today.
Brigadier General Patricia Anslow, deputy adjutant general for the Arkansas Army National Guard, was guest speaker. Lt. Col. Cecil L. Clark, professor of military science at ASU, conducted the swearing-in ceremony.
Anslow currently serves as the chief of the planning and environmental division for the Little Rock District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. In the Arkansas Army National Guard she has served in a variety of construction, facility, and combat engineer command and staff positions with the Camp Robinson Institute Support Unit, the 25th Rear Operations Center, the 875th Engineer Battalion (Corps) (Mechanized), and the 87th Troop Command.
Those commissioned were:
- Nathaniel Cumming of San Diego, an interdisciplinary studies major, who was commissioned into active duty, Aviation Branch.
- Denver Disotell of Cabot, a criminology major, who also was commissioned into active duty, Field Artillery Branch.
- Luke Hansen of Jonesboro, an interdisciplinary studies major, who was commissioned into active duty, Transportation Corps.
- Corey Jackson of Pine Bluff, a criminology major, was commissioned into the Army Reserve, Military Intelligence Branch.
- Caitlin Marshall of Cabot, a political science major, who was commissioned into the Army Reserve, Quartermaster Corps.
Family members of each officer participated in pinning the new lieutenants’ bars. The five new officers will receive their diplomas during Spring Commencement on Saturday, May 11.
# # #