APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 1, 2020
Interested programs are welcome to send a brief interest statement and schedule a short informational meeting with Wolves in Action program leaders, Summer and Mary Elizabeth prior to submitting this application.
Part One: Project Background
The purpose of the Wolves in Action program is to increase course-level, program-level, and co-curricular learning improvement at A-State.
We strive to achieve:
• Demonstrable impacts on student learning in general education courses.
• Demonstrable impacts on student learning in academic degree programs.
• Demonstrable impacts on student learning in co-curricular learning units.
• Demonstrable impact on faculty and/or co-curricular learning leaders (development as teacher-scholars, sense of belonging to the institutional community, motivation and efficacy, etc.).
• Recognition of A-State as a leader in cultivating assessment-affirmed high-impact practices.
To accomplish the Wolves in Action program goals, the A-State Assessment Office is committed to providing the following as needed to facilitate the program:
• Assisting with creating a customized workshop to develop and implement strategies to improve learning
• Funding to collaborate with an off-campus discipline expert
• Funding to pay faculty a small stipend for participating in a summer workshop
• Bringing together other departments or units on campus to develop and implement strategies to improve learning
• Support for future data collection and statistical data analysis if needed
• Support for curriculum proposal completion
This application was adapted from the James Madison University Assessment Office with permission from Dr. Keston Fulcher, Assessment Director.